The Aims of the Bear Creek Federation Indian Guides and Indian Princess Programs are based upon the Six Aims of the Ojibway, as related by Joe Friday and Harold Keltner. They are:
- Purity of Heart (Binideewin) – To be clean in body and pure in heart
- Friendship (Inawendiwin) – For Parents to always be friends with their children and for children to always be friends with their parents.
- Love My Whole Family (Sagiiwewin endashiian) – To love the sacred circle of my family.
- Listen With Attention (Nagasotawa) – To be attentive while others speak.
- Love Thy Neighbor (Sagiiwewin kidj’ anishinabe) – To love my neighbor as myself.
- Respect Earth (Dabandendamowin akki) – To seek and preserve the beauty of the Great Spirit’s work in the forest, fields and streams.